Because relationships are complicated, it’s more likely than not that a family “system” will experience struggles over time. Family therapy addresses the individual role of each member as well as the functioning of the entire family “system.” This type of therapy can:
- Improve communication and provide conflict resolution skills
- Guide/support family members in creating and enforcing boundaries
- Help the family navigate/adjust to changes such as a new baby in the house, a death in the family, a family member’s mental or physical health diagnosis, etc.
- Educate and support caregivers in building skills for parenting throughout a child’s various developmental stages
- Address marital concerns including conflict within a marriage or a recent separation or divorce
In this video, Katerina Mayer—Travco Behavioral Health family counselor—describes how the process works and what to expect in family therapy.
If your family could benefit from counseling, Travco can help! Contact us today at 330.286.0050!