The overall goal of the acquisition is to be able to serve the needs of Ohio more completely. Since its inception, Parkman Recovery Center has been working closely with First Step Recovery, which makes this acquisition a natural transition for both facilities. Now, Parkman Recovery Center and First Step Recovery can collaborate more synergistically and expand programming that benefits our clients by creating a flexible continuum of care.
Medically licensed and CARF accredited, Parkman Recovery Center provides patients throughout Ohio with evidence-based addiction services that include:
Inpatient Detox, which helps clients become medically stable by cleansing the body of mood-altering substances. Clients engaged in Inpatient Detox receive
- 24/7 care by medical staff.
- access to licensed counselors.
- proper rest and nutrition to restore health and energy.
- safe/comfortable withdrawal management.
- an introduction to treatment activities (group counseling, 12-step meetings, etc.)
Intensive Extended Treatment, which empowers clients with the confidence and holistic life skills needed to achieve long-term sobriety. Clients engaged in Intensive Extended Treatment receive
- individual counseling to identify patterns and triggers contributing to addiction.
- family counseling to uncover and address the family dynamic as it relates to addiction.
- group counseling that provides encouragement, understanding and peer support.
- case management for life skills training and linkage with community resources.
- psychoeducation for a better understanding of substance use disorders.
- relapse prevention to identify and prevent potential high-risk situations.
- 12-step recovery meetings to provide the foundation for a consistent program of action.
Together with First Step Recovery and our affiliate, Travco Behavioral Health, Parkman Recovery Center will now also offer mental health and outpatient addiction services, including medication-assisted treatment (Suboxone and Vivitrol).
To learn more about Parkman Recovery Center, call 330.787.0955.