It’s no secret that binge drinking on New Year’s Eve is a common occurrence, which poses dangerous risks to the drinker and those around him or her (think auto accidents, domestic violence, etc.). Celebrate New Year’s Eve sober with one of these ideas:
- Dinner Party: Spice it up with an ethnic-themed cuisine like Italian, Greek or Indian. If you’re not into cooking yourself, try a potluck or just order takeout with friends.
- Game Night: Nothing creates a sense of togetherness like teamwork (and a little healthy competition). Whether you choose one game to play as a group or a board game tournament, this celebration will be sure to bring lots of laughter and camaraderie.
- Theme Party: The possibilities for this type of gathering are nearly infinite. Some options might be a spa theme, 80’s dance party, ugly holiday sweater contest, etc.
- Movie Night: If you’d rather opt for a cozy, quiet night at home, curl up in a warm, fuzzy blanket with some hot cocoa, popcorn and the latest movie you’ve been trying to find time to watch.
- Weekend Getaway: Take a road trip to one of the 3 C’s (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati) to celebrate the new year. Or think about spending the weekend at a nearby bed and breakfast or cabin in the woods.
No matter what you plan for your sober New Year’s Eve celebration, you’ll be thrilled to wake up on New Year’s Day without a hangover and ready to conquer 2022!
If you or a loved one need help on your recovery journey, First Step Recovery is here. Contact us today!